Several months ago I did a webinar for SheWrites on how to write and sell a book proposal, and had a great time doing it. (I even learned how to do a PowerPoint presentation — yes, I have finally entered the 21st century.) Over the past ten years I’ve written and edited dozens of book proposals, and almost all of them have sold to major publishers. (I would say “all,” but some are still circulating, knock on wood.) Today — Tuesday, Sept. 22nd, 1-2 pm — I’m doing an updated version of this webinar, incorporating new information about the current book market and addressing questions that arose in the first session. I’ll also talk about:
• the essential elements of every successful book proposal
• how to craft an attention-getting query letter
• the most effective ways to differentiate yourself from similar projects
• the bells and whistles to avoid
• how to write a persuasive three-to-five page pitch
• the 10 things you can do to make your proposal stand out
So if you have an idea for a book or a proposal underway, come on over and join the webinar. Click the link above for more information. Hope to *see* you there!